CLCs Bees Tweets
Today, September 29th, is the incomparable Diana Vreeland's 111th Birthday.
She is a constant source of inspiration for us, We admire her for always dreaming and continuing to gain inspiration from the world around her, and above all always being unique and extraordinary.
Here are a few of our favorite quotes from her column “Why dont you….?”:
- “Why don't you…Rinse your blond child's hair in dead champagne to keep it gold, as they do in France?”
- “wear violet velvet mittens with everything?”
- “Why don't you…Find one dress that you like and have it copied many times? You will be much more successful than if you try to produce the same effects each evening.”
- “Why Don't You…Have your bed made in China—the most beautiful bed imaginable, the head board and spread of yellow satin embroidered in butterflies, alighting and flying, in every size and in exquisite colors?”
- “Why don't you…give a length of exquisite brocade–enough for an evening envelope, to bind a favorite book, or make a little jacket?”
- “Why don't you…tie an enormous bunch of silver balloons on the foot of your child's bed on Christmas Eve?”
& here is a look into her beautiful life:
(images via tumblr.com)
In honor of the new documentary “Advanced Style” , which premiered Friday in the U.S. , we take a peek at a few street style looks & hair trends that are inspired by our favorite golden girls.
images via thewickedwallflower.com & style.com & vogue.com & vogue.com & waynetippetts.com & Patrick McMullan via NYpost.com
Grey & Purple Hair:
Images via eonline.com & @officialtoniguy & celebs-style.blogspot.com
Images via swoonhair.blogspot.com & contactmusic.com & pagesdigital.com
Advanced Style: The Documentary is now showing in select theaters in the U.S.
^^check out the COREY pieces in this video behind Ilona at the 0:59 second mark
Also, check out Ari Seth Cohen's blog here: advancedstyle.blogspot.com/
We Love You Ari!
(photo of Ari, Ilona, Shana & Corey)
While on a trip to Germany & Holland we captured some awesome pictures that are truely inspiring & too beautiful not to share with you guys!
1. Amsterdam : 2. Tulips in Amsterdam
3. Bikes, Canals and a poster with “Enemy” on it in Amsterdam : 4. High in the air in Germany looking at architecture
5. Frank Gehry Architecture in Germany : 6. Boats + flowers in Amsterdam
7. Street art in Amsterdam
1.US Weekly June 2014 features our Juliette Skirt in denim.
2. People Style Watch June 2014 features our Patty drawstring short in it's Scenic Print Section.
3. People Magazine features Zooey Deschanel in a timeline of her favorite looks, which includes a COREY dress that she liked so much at a photoshoot that she borrowed it.
4. The New York Post Article on “Matchy-Matchy looks”